2016 just came and it appears to be an year of cloud revolution. Spending continues to increase around data center and cloud technologies, and organizations are finding even more use-cases for cloud technologies.
The american multinational technology company, Cisco, already declared that until 2020, more than 80% of workloads will be processed by cloud data centers. Findings from a recent Gartner report go on to say that the use of cloud computing is growing, and by 2016 this growth will increase to become the bulk of new IT spend. So, 2016 will be a crucial year for cloud hosting, since nearly half of large enterprises will have hybrid cloud deployments by the end of 2017. This means that organizations are finding great ways to connect their on premise ecosystem with the cloud.
We will present you 5 heave reasons why Cloud Hosting represents the future of any business :
- Cloud is not just a hosting platform offered by a major cloud provider. It’s not just a place where you can host your VMs or store your files. Today, cloud computing is a collection of services which help you manage, distribute, and control content and users. Organizations can now find specific pain points within their own data center and choose to offload those aspects of their ecosystem into the cloud. Moving forward, organizations shouldn’t focus on “fork-lift” cloud projects.
- Cloud management is evolving and it is very important. Controlling resources has become a lot easier and organizations are able to leverage a number management points spanning a distributed ecosystem. You can set administrative locks based on context, the application being accessed, and even location. Cloud management is now a lot smarter and easier to integrate.
- Your cloud account will be only as secure as you will make it. When it comes about hosting, security keep going to be a major factor. You now have next-generation security systems which can be both virtual and physical.. Take the time to look at cloud security beyond just a traditional firewall. There are a lot of options to help keep your business agile and secure.
- Cloud hosting can be an fantastic driver around productivity when it is used properly. Virtual desktops and applications can be delivered to any device and still allow the experience to be rich. You can setup dynamic rules to give user experience based on very specific contextual elements. For example, you can optimize workload delivery by identifying who the user is, where they’re coming in from, their connection speed, which application they’re trying to access, and their security permissions level.
- Automation and orchestration technologies allow you to create better data center economics and control vast resources. If you’re working with cloud in 2016 and are truly ready to expand your business.
The fast-way digitalisation of the modern business has introduced new challenges around data center and cloud management. Consequently, it’ll be important for you to understand the various types of services out there and how they can directly impact your business.