Let’s say that you want to create a website and you don’t want random visitors to “take a look” at your site until it is ready. In this case, you may want to place an “Under Construction” or “Coming Soon” page in place.
This article will guide you on how to create and set up a placeholder page so that you can work on your site in the background.
- Login to your cPanel
- Access File Manager. Be sure to navigate to the root folder for the domain you are working with. If it is the primary domain, use public_html.
- Click on New File, an icon found in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Next, give the file a name. In this example, we will use comingsoon.html. Click on the Create File button to finish the creation process. Note this simply creates an empty file.
- Now we need to edit the empty file. Highlight the filename and then click on HTML Editor. This feature allows you to create the page visually, no coding needed. You can make it in anyway you want. At this moment, we will make it very in a very simplistic mode.
- Once you have designed your page, click on the Save button, located in the upper left of the tool bar.
- Now that you have created the page, you need to set the file name as your default for your website. Those instructions are found in our article on ” How to change your default index page in .htaccess ” .